W.C. Rouse & Son | Columbia, South Carolina
and Greensboro, North Carolina
Exciting Opportunity with a Fast Growing Company
Are you a driven, dedicated professional, looking for a company with growth opportunities? Do you like to continually improve and learn new things? Want to work with some of the best and brightest in the technical equipment sales and services industry? Read below and apply today!
W.C. Rouse and Son, Inc., is currently seeking candidates for Boiler Mechanic to provide expert service to our clients. Positions open in North and South Carolina.
- Boiler and Boiler Room Equipment Mechanical Services
- Boiler Room Annual Inspection & Preventative Maintenance Services
- Boiler Inspection Services, including securing the boiler, opening, cleaning for inspector, installing new gaskets/rope/closing materials, closing boiler to manufacture’s specifications, refilling boiler for tuning by Combustion Technician
- Preventive Maintenance Services, performing running safety tests on boilers
- Documentation of Boiler Room Services via Timely and Professionally Completed Service Report
- Familiar with and able to operate common hand and power tools
- Pipe fitting experience: Threading pipe, sweating copper, ProPress-style tools, welding experience a plus.
- Basic rigging
- Basic print/schematic reading
- Knowledge of pump operation and repair
- This is a physical job, must be able to: lift 50 pounds +, be on your feet for the majority of the workday, lay down/bend over/get up as needed to reach fittings around the boiler, climb ladders safely.
- Wear PPE suitable for the tasks at hand for extended periods of time, commonly safety glasses/face shields, hard hat, hearing protection, respirators, fall protection, gloves, etc.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all relevant OSHA, W.C. Rouse, and customer safety policies
- Continuous Improvement and Education in Relevant Technologies
- Use of our Tech-Anywhere Dispatch Software
- On time completion of Work Orders
- Fill out work orders on site, daily
- Log hours daily
- Add Equipment Information to Customer File, as needed
- On-time completion of all Safety Trainings
- Maintenance/Upkeep of Company provided vehicle
- Some travel (typically within the Carolinas) and overnight stays
- Exemplify company Core Values and Purpose to other employees and customers
- Competitive pay, commensurate with experience and capabilities
- Full benefits package; company health insurance plan (options for health, vision, dental, and life) and 401k with matching
- Company provided PPE, tools, truck, tablet and phone
- Growth in income and expertise potential
- High School diploma or equal education credit
- Two + years of boiler service experience
- Self-motivated problem solver
- The following troubleshooting, installing and operating experience, is a plus;
- Boiler Flame Safeguard and Operating/Limit Controls troubleshooting
- Basic Electrical Troubleshooting
- A problem-solving mentality and desire to successfully serve our customers
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record
- Military Experience a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Desire to succeed and be a part of our family, especially long term
About W.C. Rouse & Son
W.C. Rouse and Son, Inc. is a 70-year-old, Boiler Room Equipment and Services provider for North and South Carolina. We are a manufacturers' representative and have a very broad product offering, encompassing all major types of boilers, commercial/industrial water heaters, boiler room heat recovery equipment and more. We believe in helping customers select the best type of equipment to meet their specific challenge. Our mission is to leave every boiler room better than we found it.