Branch Parts/Inventory & Operations Specialist
W.C. Rouse & Son | Greensboro, North Carolina
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop & enhance our parts sales presence & response in the market as part of an overall improved customer service experience for our clients.
- Coordinate with & support Equipment Sales, Aftermarket Sales & Service Group parts needs in proposal & project ordering & execution
- Respond to aftermarket parts/material quotation requests via;
- Direct requests, existing & new customers – direct proposal response
- Service Work Order (SWO) requests
- Pricing for parts, components & materials used to support work order invoicing
- Proposals to support SWO requests – parts & labor
- Equipment & aftermarket sales parts/material pricing requests for inclusion in equipment/project sales proposal response.
- Maintain target Gross Margin Targets on parts sales
- Develop & maintain parts vendor relationships – represented principals & 3rd party resources.
- Maintain/update necessary price books, application/sales data & discount information.
- Place parts/material orders & handle communication through delivery and invoicing.
- Setup and Bill Parts Sales in ERP System, Invoice daily
- Save all Purchase Order, Invoice, Quote, etc. information to Cloud Service (SharePoint)
- Facility shipping/receiving activities for parts & materials, including forklift operation
- Parts & material staging for jobs
- In coordination with Service Coordinator & Service Manager, stage parts & materials & tools needed for jobs.
- Local inventory control – reports to Operations Manager
- Enforce facility inventory controls, per Operations Manager
- Complete Cycle Counts accurately, weekly
- Maintain/manage service group support inventory in facility and on trucks.
- Facility/Warehouse management and organization
- Maintain an organized and clean Shop/Warehouse environment
- Coordinate/Maintain Facility Structure maintenance, grounds & security needs
- Vehicle Fleet Management;
- Support vehicle & OTR equipment service needs, coordinate with service group for maintenance cycles & arrange repairs services and related vehicle logistics in concert with schedules as necessary
- Emergency parts delivery, arrange/accomplish local & regional parts pick up as necessary
- Participate, as needed, in Branch-level Service Meetings
- Provide training reinforcement to techs, on inventory control issues
- Exemplify company Core Values and Purpose to other employees and customers
- Position reports to Operations Manager
- Prompt Response to parts sales and support request
- Cycle Counts conducted weekly
- Maintain clean and organized shop area
- Daily forklift inspections – logged to cloud storage
- Daily, in coordination with dispatcher, Add parts/materials to work orders and stage parts in bins
- Monthly Inspection of 1 service truck inventory
- Competitive pay, commensurate with experience and capabilities
- Full benefits package; company health insurance plan (options for health, vision, dental, and life) and 401k with matching
- Growth in income and expertise potential
- High School diploma or equal education credit
- Three + years’ experience parts sales and inventory control in HVAC or similar industry
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Military Experience a plus
- Strong Computer Skills
- Strong Experience with Microsoft Office products
- A continuous improvement mentality
- Desire to succeed and be a part of our family, especially long term
About W.C. Rouse & Son
W.C. Rouse and Son, Inc. is a 70-year-old, Boiler Room Equipment and Services provider for North and South Carolina. We are a manufacturers' representative and have a very broad product offering, encompassing all major types of boilers, commercial/industrial water heaters, boiler room heat recovery equipment and more. We believe in helping customers select the best type of equipment to meet their specific challenge. Our mission is to leave every boiler room better than we found it.